Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Gifts to Grow, NEST & PAT


I've realized since I've had my son two years ago that I should have signed up for
Pampers Gifts To Grow... where you can earn points for putting in codes found on diapers and wipes containers.... as soon as I was buying diapers! I would probably have a lot more points than I do now, but oh well....

Default Image Alt Text

I found some free codes online with just a little bit of looking:

These codes are worth 10 points each!
WELCOMEBONUS089
JUSTBECAUSE2009
WELCOME2GTG2010
GRATUIT89102009
OHAMANDAAWGTG08
STARTEARNINGNOW
GROWWITHVILLAGE
THRIFTYMOMMYGTG
XKCMYXFVD96VXVK
JOINTHEFUNGTG09

That's 100 points if you enter all of them!

These two codes are worth 30 each!

GTGTEAMUSA2010
GTGPLAY2USA2010

for a grand total of 130 points... so I can actually get something from the program now, but I'm of course saving up for the 2,500 item of the LeapFrog® Fridge Phonics® Magnetic Alphabet for Christopher!
I had been getting my diapers for free... but now that I am working part time, I'm not sure if I will be able to participate in the Wapello County NEST program. Although it's a great program, it's doesn't look like it's going to fit into my schedule anymore. I enjoyed the free diapers, wipes and other items while it lasted! I especially enjoyed getting to know some other moms in the area, and my son has made some good friends out of this program as well! It's not income based, and anyone can join (as long as you are pregnant and/or have a child under the age of 3). You earn points by attending weekly classes, going to story time at the library, and of course by going to doctor appointments for you and baby! Points are then redeemed for diapers and wipes (mostly) in the NEST store- if you bring a support person with you to meetings and doctor visits, you get extra points. You also get points for getting and being involved with PAT (Parents As Teachers) which SIEDA handles in several counties in Southeast Iowa. PAT is a great program too, because the Parent Educators come to your house, on your time- they also have scheduled play groups where the kids can come and do activities related to the theme of that play group! It's really fun and usually involves a small snack at the end.

You really can't beat a program like this in the economy we are in now! The program is run by Iowa State Extension Office of Wapello County- in downtown Ottumwa.

I've been involved in NEST since I was four months pregnant with Christopher and I've been involved with PAT since Christopher was less than a year old (but they do offer pre-natal visits). If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

0 comments:

Post a Comment